Welcome to the Remus-Tips Blog. If you are a user of the OpenSource PIM Remus Information Management you'll find some interesting tips and tutorials for Remus, If you want more information visit the official project site http://remus-software.org

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Copy often used Text-Fragments into the clipboard

If you're editing text in any application you often need predefined text-fragments. I came around this issue, while internationalizing a software-program into the german language. The problem was, that Umlauts needs to be written in a special notation, which consists of several characters. To speed the writing of these special fragments I used Remus to copy these strings into my clipboard. See how this works:

Start: I have to write strange characters for Umlauts like Ä,ü or ß.


Therefore I'm creating a new Plaintext Information unit for every character-sequence I need. The text-content is actually the content I need to paste very often.


Next step is to add so-called instant-copy sections in my desktop-panel, that are pointing to the Plaintext information units.



If you're done with that your desktop-panel will have new Buttons with the Label of the references information units. If you click on the Buttons the content of the Plain-Text information unit is copied into the clipboard (in my case it is '\u00C4')

No comments:

Post a Comment